*30 minutes- Modified Reading Workshop and RTI
(Intervention)
Students not receiving intervention instruction read a
book of choice while sitting comfortably around the
classroom. The last 10 minutes they answer one question
about their book in their reading workshop notebook.
The questions are located in the front of their notebook.
They are basic fiction or nonfiction questions. This
process helps to ensure accountability for independent
reading. They may also use this time to take Accelerated
Reading test or visit the library.
Students receiving intervention are pulled for small group
instruction. During intervention we focus on phonics
skills, decoding, sight words, fluency, and comprehension
*1 hour and 15 minutes My main reading instruction (I do,
we do, you do) I use this time to teach my standards.
*30/45 minutes (Minimum of 3 days a week) Guided
reading and Must do/May do centers
I use a must do choice board. Once they complete the
choice board they may chose from the may do choices.
There are several different choice board available on
TPT. Select a choice board that meets your needs.
I use a variety of materials and resources to conduct my
guided reading groups.
Teacher Pay Teacher Store Link
I am a 3rd grade teacher who enjoys sharing my ideas and lessons with others. I want to encourage others to use their own teaching style and creativity to develop effective and engaging lesson plans. I strive to encourage others to remember their "why" and use it to drive their classroom environment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Day of School Activities
After Classroom set up the NEXT STEP IS TO PLAN ENGAGING FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL ACTIVITES AND LESSONS I write a detailed first day of school ...
-
It is currently summer vacation and I am bored sitting at home, so I decided to created the following reading pacing guide for the 2019-2020...
-
This week we started working on on Valentines themed narrative writing. I introduced the lesson by reading aloud The Day it Rained Hearts b...
-
I suggest that new teachers and veteran teachers create a detailed outline for the first few days of school. The day can be overwhelmi...
No comments:
Post a Comment