Dear Fellow Teacher,
I have always been an outside the box teacher;
however, when I started teaching I was not confident
enough to teach without using the basal for guidance.
During my 1st year in the 4th grade classroom, a
majority of my instruction came from the basal. As I
became confident in myself as a teacher and noticed
the level of engagement my students displayed when I
was not using the basal as my main instruction, I
started to step away from the basal.
This year my students have not opened a reading
textbook and it has been a wonderful experience.
I
want to encourage others to use their own teaching
styles and creativity to develop engaging reading
lesson using mentor text, trade book, magazines,
passages, and novels. The internet is full of wonderful
resources that teaches the skills along with developing
background knowledge. I enjoy teaching the lessons
that I create.
When I plan my lessons, I better understand the
end goal I want my students to accomplish. I also
understand the true meaning of each standard.
After research, I have found that I use a
responsive classroom teaching style along with student
centered lessons. I strive to teach my individual
students and not a program or a test. My goal is to
create proficient students that are prepared for
future grades while developing a love for learning.
Start creating your lessons!
Tessa Filyaw
Visit my Teacher Pay Teacher store for more products and resources
Making a Difference Daily
I am a 3rd grade teacher who enjoys sharing my ideas and lessons with others. I want to encourage others to use their own teaching style and creativity to develop effective and engaging lesson plans. I strive to encourage others to remember their "why" and use it to drive their classroom environment.
Saturday, January 12, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Day of School Activities
After Classroom set up the NEXT STEP IS TO PLAN ENGAGING FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL ACTIVITES AND LESSONS I write a detailed first day of school ...
-
It is currently summer vacation and I am bored sitting at home, so I decided to created the following reading pacing guide for the 2019-2020...
-
This week we started working on on Valentines themed narrative writing. I introduced the lesson by reading aloud The Day it Rained Hearts b...
-
I suggest that new teachers and veteran teachers create a detailed outline for the first few days of school. The day can be overwhelmi...
No comments:
Post a Comment