Thursday, January 24, 2019

Tackling Text Structure


We are studying text structure in my 4th grade classroom. Prior to teaching this standard, I always get anxiety. I am not sure why but the idea of teaching this overwhelms me. I am unsure if I will be able to help my student understand and identify the text structure properly. 

My students worked in groups and used a Teacher Pay Teacher product from Deb Henson to create text structure anchor charts. During the activity my students were engaged, collaborating with peers, using text structure vocabulary, building text structure reading vocabulary, and reading grade level text to identify five different nonfiction text structures.  I feel this activity helped my students better understand how to identify text structure and I wanted to share it with others.

               





I want to credit Deb Hanson for this wonderful product. You can find it  on Teacher Pay Teacher.
Nonfiction Text Structure 












No comments:

Post a Comment

First Day of School Activities

 After Classroom set up the  NEXT STEP IS TO PLAN ENGAGING FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL ACTIVITES AND LESSONS I write a detailed first day of school ...