● Are you a general education teacher, principal,
team leader or an
instructional coach?
● Are you looking for a checklist to organize
team meetings or data
meetings?
● Do you want to start team meetings but you
do not know where
to start?
● Are you concerned with your schools reading
scores?
● Are you pressed for time during these grade
level important
meetings?
I created this template to help provide educators with a one page
intervention
lesson plan. My Teacher Pay Teacher store product
provides you with three 3rd-5th grade lesson plan
templates and two
K-2nd Dibels Data assessment intervention lesson plan
template. I also
include an intervention team meeting checklist to help keep
the 30
minute meeting organized and on topic. I suggest you use your data
and look for
patterns across the grade level of standards that are not
attained to help fill in
the achievement gaps. I also suggest you keep the learning targets simple and
focus on one skill/standard at a time (vocabulary, nonfiction, fiction, long
passages, etc.). Use the follow up page to decide
if you need to reteach the skill.
Everyone on the grade level team may
not need to reteach the skill; therefore,
I suggest the teachers that do
not need to reteach the learning target to use
the following week to work
on basic skills such as decoding multisyllabic words,
fluency, or context clues
while your fellow teachers reteach last week’s learning
target. This allows
time for a reteach if needed.. Therefore using this plan your
grade level
team will plan a new learning target every other week.
A daily intervention time is essential to help close the gaps. I feel for a productive intervention data team meeting the members of the team must
stay postitive and proactive during the meeting. They should use
problem solving skills and collaboration to create effective lesson plans
or activities. I also feel that all excuses should be left at the door before
anyone enters the meeting. Excuses are not helpful and they take up
time.
____________________________________________________________
Grade Level Team Intervention Meeting Checklist:
❏ Review Data
❏ Notice standards with large numbers of not attained
data. Especially if the
standards are below grade level.
Look for patterns across the grade level.
❏ Select ONE below level standard or grade level concern
(such as consumer materials,
text features, nonfiction
text, long passages, interenceing, abstract ideas) to focus
on.
❏ Create a learning target (I can…….) Keep the target
student friendly
❏ Make a list of success criteria (What will the students
need to be able to do to be successful with the learning
target. ) (Consider previous taught skills needed to be
successful on the current standard)
❏ What will you do as a grade level to ensure your students
meet their learning target?
Will you teach the skill in
whole group or small group instruction.
❏ What materials will you use to teach the standard?
(readworks.org,
commonlit.com, Reading Street
material, hands on activity, task cards, tpt material)
❏ What are your anticipated results?
___________________________________________________________
Grade Level Intervention Team Meeting Follow up
Week: ______________
❏ Quickly share results from last week’s intervention lesson
Discuss- success
Discuss- concerns/observations
❏ Quickly share a glow (one positive observation from the week)
❏ Use observations to decide if you will reteach the learning
target or if you
will create a new learning target the following
week.
Due to my observations
next week I will (reteach) ___________
____________________________________
OR
Next week I will not reteach the skill. Therefore, I will focus on
fluency practice, decoding skills, context clues, phonics skills. or
other (circle one) during intervention
time while my grade level peers
reteach the learning target.
________________________________________________________________________
For more information on this product visit my Teachers Pay Teachers Store
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Grade-Level-Reading-Intervention-Team-Lesson-Plan-Template-and-Checklist-4586875
I am a 3rd grade teacher who enjoys sharing my ideas and lessons with others. I want to encourage others to use their own teaching style and creativity to develop effective and engaging lesson plans. I strive to encourage others to remember their "why" and use it to drive their classroom environment.
Thursday, May 23, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Day of School Activities
After Classroom set up the NEXT STEP IS TO PLAN ENGAGING FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL ACTIVITES AND LESSONS I write a detailed first day of school ...
-
It is currently summer vacation and I am bored sitting at home, so I decided to created the following reading pacing guide for the 2019-2020...
-
This week we started working on on Valentines themed narrative writing. I introduced the lesson by reading aloud The Day it Rained Hearts b...
-
I suggest that new teachers and veteran teachers create a detailed outline for the first few days of school. The day can be overwhelmi...
No comments:
Post a Comment