Thursday, July 25, 2019

Starting the New School Year with a Forgiving Heart

Starting the New School Year 
with a Forgiving Heart <3
-Tessa Filyaw

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
      As we get closer to the new school year, I begin to reflect on my past years. (The good, the bad, and the ugly)  I would like to think that I mature and grow every year as a teacher, mother, friend, wife and christian. To grow one must reflect on past experiences, learn to take advice from others, read their Bible and set goals. 
       Ultimately, I strive to start and finish each year with good memories and positive experiences. To accomplish this. I find I must learn to forgive and let go. I do not mean to "say" I forgive but not truly forgive. 

Matt 6:14 states: For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly father will also forgive you.

       This verse opened my eyes, because when I ask God for forgiveness I firmly believe that he has forgiven me; therefore, when I forgive others I need to also truly forgive them.

      Due to my personality, past experiences and my daily anxiety battles, I tend to harden my heart when others hurt me. Once I harden my heart it is difficult for me to let go of the past and therefore forgiveness become difficult to accomplish. Instead of forgiving and moving on, I avoid situations or people and pretend that my hurt does not bother me. 
     As I read Ephesians 4:31-32 ( Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be Kind compassionate to one another, forgiving each other just as in Christ God forgave you.) I know it is my job and responsibility to get rid of my hurt.  During my reflections, I can think about situations that happened several years ago that still bother me and cause bitterness. I DO NOT want to feel this way anymore. According to Col 3:13 we are to bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone, forgive as the Lord forgave you. 
     This year I plan to start my new school year with a forgiving heart. I want to let go of all past hurts and disagreements. I am slowly learning to be more understanding of others. 

We cannot safely assume that other people's minds work on the same principles as our own. All too often, others with whom we come in contact do not reason as we reason, or do not value the things we value, or are not interested in what interests us.   -Isabel Briggs Myers

    My goal is to create positive relationships with everyone I meet daily. I want to show love, kindness and understanding to all. I want others to see Christ at school through my actions and words. I do not want to have past bitterness in my heart any longer. I may fail at my attempts due to my personality and anxiety battles, but I pray that I am successful at my attempt to be a better person. 


                 ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤










No comments:

Post a Comment

First Day of School Activities

 After Classroom set up the  NEXT STEP IS TO PLAN ENGAGING FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL ACTIVITES AND LESSONS I write a detailed first day of school ...